For the second edition of the « Equipement Manufacturers’ Environmental Trophy », whose objective is to reward an equipment manufacturer for its proactive climate strategy, its consideration of environmental issues in its R&D policy and the development of alternative solutions, Kiloutou has singled out the Volvo group for both its construction equipment (Volvo CE) and its operating vehicles (Volvo Trucks).
The « Equipment Manufacturers’ Environmental Trophy » was awarded on Tuesday 10 January prior to the Yellow Partners’ Days, an international trade fair organised by the Kiloutou Group and bringing together team members from its various entities and main suppliers, at the Lille Grand Palais exhibition centre.
This year, Volvo is being honoured for its commitment to a business model that balances sustainability and performance:
- – A proactive climate strategy with a Net Zero emission target by 2040 across its entire value chain, from raw material sourcing to the end of life of its products,
- – Ambitious environmental roadmap with a first step to 2025: gain 30% efficiency in the logistics system, save more than 150GWh per year and reach 65% of renewable energy,
- – Alternative solutions that allow us to enrich our “IMPAKT” range: 2.7 t electric excavator, 800 L electric articulated loader and fast loader.
Created in 2021 by Kiloutou, the « Equipment Manufacturers’ Environmental Trophy » is part of the Group’s environmental, social and territorial impact strategy.
As a player in the sharing and functionality economy, Kiloutou’s virtuous model contributes to the decarbonisation of construction sites. As a reminder, the equipment rental business can reduce the carbon emissions of rented equipment by up to 50% compared to owned equipment over its entire life cycle (SGS Search / Climate Neutral Group / CE Delft study, June 2019).
Committed to a low-carbon strategy (reducing its direct CO2 emissions by 40% by 2030 and achieving carbon neutrality by 2050), the Kiloutou group is deploying, in addition to the « Equipment Manufacturers’ Environmental Trophy », initiatives such as :
- – the “Sustainable Equipment Meetings”, which bring together manufacturers, rental companies, construction and civil engineering companies and professional federations to identify the levers of transformation, based in particular on the studies carried out with Carbone 4 and Arthur D. Little, respectively on the technological and economic balance of alternative equipment and the projected energy mix of construction equipment by 2030. Little, respectively on the technological and economic balances of alternative equipment and the projected energy mix of construction and public works equipment by 2030,
- – a proactive R&D policy carried out at the Kiloutou Test Center to promote environmental transition,
- – an “IMPAKT” range of more than 3,500 electric, hybrid or dual-energy vehicles.